- In ex-pat / backpacker Hoi An - it's bronchitis, I need antibiotics, paracetamol and rest.
- At the beach - I shouldn't eat chicken (In general or just today? Any other advice other than avoiding poultry?)
- On the phone from Hanoi - it's because of the heat, I should eat black beans boiled with a lot of sugar.
- In Vinh Dien - it's because i've been on a business trip which involved getting in and out of air conditioned taxis. I shouldn't eat chilli, ginger or Japanese rice crackers (you can't even buy them here??) I should have accupuncture, with electrical current pulsed through the needles.
- In Dien Tho village - it's because of the weather. I had ginger rubbed all over my neck and face, and was told not to drink anything before meals, only after. My interpreter offered to do me a treatment which consists of inserting coins into boiled eggs and rubbing them on your face. Or maybe we still have some work to do on the interpretation thing...?
- In Dien An village - I've got a cough. I should rest and drink hot lemon juice.
Monday, June 28, 2010
many cures for an ill
After my post talking about hyperchondria, I've got myself a bit of a cold. And as a husky voice and crackly cough are indisguisable, I'm getting advice and treatment everywhere i go....